Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stable Assistant

I found a stable that had an advert on Craigslist that they were looking for an extra stable assistant. In exchange for a "workday" of 4 hours you would then be able to get a free lesson. I got into contact with them and today I came by to see what was what. Tomorrow I will tag along with an assistant who has volunteered there for a couple of years who will show me the ropes!

Needless to say I'm extremely excited. This was exactly what I was looking for. I'm getting experience in my desired field (for free) AND I get free lessons for every day worked. What more could I want at this moment in my life! My volunteer days will most likely be Wednesday and Thursday, from 2 to 6. Which will be a problem for Michael, because he gets off at 5 and I will have the car. He will either take public transport (a real hassle here and a little unsanitary) or work extra hours. He has been a little inert on the subject of buying a second car, so I'm hoping this will nudge him in the right direction.

My social security number card has arrived in the mail and I am now capable of marrying. In my previous update I wrote that the 14th wouldn't be feasible and that I was looking for another date. We decided on the last day of February. This way, we'll only get it wrong once every 4 years. I'm ready for the marry part to be done. People all want to blow it out of proportion and trying to stuff a ceremony down my throat, but I just want to sign the paper and be done with it. Ring on finger (I don't even like wearing rings to be honest, going to have to get used to that) and chapter closed. It is also time to get the paperwork for my work visa out the door. Things take so loooong.

For the rest, I'm finding my way here relatively easy. I make sure I feel at home and don't get too down. I eat healthy breakfasts and lunch, and run every other day on the treadmill. Michael is having a little trouble adjusting to my presence however. He must have really gotten used to being alone.





No comments:

Post a Comment