Saturday, February 22, 2014

And the thunder rolls


Awimbawe awimbawe, awimbawe awimbawe, in the jungle the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight!

So I watched the Lion King again. And I watched Tinkerbell and the Secret of the Wings, and rewatched the original first episode of Star Wars where Han Solo shot first!

Why would she waste her time watching these movies you might say? Because Florida FINALLY had some bad weather in store for me. Hurray! Yeah that's a mindfuck isn't it? Especially my darling people in Europe who are just suffering the cold and wet. I feel you, I really do. But if every day is a beautiful day, with a perfect temperature, blue skies where you see hawks flying and trees with squirrels courting, then you feel guilty for not going outside and enjoying it. Every. Single. Day.

How can you not sit by the pool with a cool glass of iced tea and letting the sun vitamins absorb in your body. How can you not go to the lovely park that is a 5 minutes walk from your house, and watch the natural meandering creek flow by with little tiny fish swimming in it, while an owl hoots and slowly glides from tree to tree?

But after a while it gets a little frustrating. Sometimes you just want to sit inside like a hermit in your pyjamas, all windows closed and listening to the rain fall while you read a book. Or watch a movie. Or make some muffins. You get my point.

I couldn't allow myself these luxuries. It would be a waste of this perfect climate. In a couple of weeks this perfect 24 degrees Celsius - with a not a cloud in the sky - will turn into a sweltering sauna with daily thunderstorms (more chance to get hit by lightning than winning the lottery!). As such I obligatory enjoyed all my wonderful days.

And then it started to rain for 2-3 days! Thick dark clouds, rain falling in such an intensity that the Dutch sewer system (or the English) wouldn't be able to handle it. I couldn't have been happier! I made good use of it. Michael also made good use of it. He put together the 2 desks we bought, and my desk chair. We now have a new command center. The place is really starting to come together.


1 comment:

  1. hehe @ command centre! :-P wish u guys a happy day tomorrow, from us both. we miss u and hope you work together to find the hapiness u both deserve! hugz, S&I

    ReplyDelete