Friday, September 13, 2013

Good news

*UPDATE! The morning after I wrote this update I got a wonderful envelope in the mail!


It's so exciting and awesome!! Having that letter in my hands makes it all feel so close and real.

****************************************

Good news! The application to apply for the visa has been approved! So we are now officially allowed to apply for a visa. Yes you read that right. Apparently it's this thing called bureacracy. Such an efficient and well oiled machine.

I was afraid the approval of the application would take ages and set us back. But we got lucky. It got done way faster than the worst case scenario.
However, when I gave the Christmas estimate, I hadn't taken into account the time this step would have taken. So even though we got approved fast, my personal estimation of when I would get a visa, now has been adjusted to January. And I don't know if things slow down during the holiday season. If they do, perhaps begin February.
But still, finally some progress, a step in the right direction. Little steps, but steps nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment