Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cause there ain't no parteh like a workaholic parteh

It's pretty cool, I currently have 3 jobs! I had been applying for other jobs because I need more hours and now I have 3. Can you imagine it? I feel so privileged and spoiled.

I don't know all the details yet, and that will come soon enough. But for now I am very pleased with myself. Earning as much money as I can now, so the move will be that much easier. The downside of all this is that I don't get a lot of sleep. At the moment of writing this I can barely keep my eyes open! This is also the reason I haven't been updating much. And although that's bad for my blog, it's good for my wallet.

The visa is still in its review state, and likely will stay there for a couple of months more. The estimated time for this step in the process is 5 months. Michael is convinced it will be faster because we are so obviously an easy case. We will see. I hope he's right, but the pessimist in me doubts it.

At some point I will have to take a medical examination in Amsterdam, to qualify for the USA visa. The States want you to have a ton of vaccinations and at the examination they will give you the missing ones. So I have prepared and requested a list of my vaccine history. It's pretty scarce actually, I could use a couple of updates. But it's good I know this now, because now I can find a cheaper alternative. I'm positive that if I let the consulate doctor give me the vaccines that I'll pay the highest price. And one vaccination can easily be a 100 euro. Ouch right?

Well, since I worked from 11 pm to 5 am, then slept from 6 am to 10 am, and then worked from noon to 5 pm and then had dinner with Jessica in the city centre until 8pm, I am completely exhausted. It is not even midnight, but I am ready for my soft and cosy if way too hot bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment