Thursday, May 2, 2013

A breath of fresh air

I managed to wake up at a reasonable hour, so the jetlag is slowly fading away. Now I'm sitting on the front porch with some water and toasted bread with peanutbutter, listening to the birds. It rained all night so the humidity is nice and low and it feels refreshingly cool outside.
Yesterday we saw most of Michael's close family. They were all so happy to see him, that felt good. His mother and father had to work but we hang out with his brother, fiancee and the kids the whole day. We drove to an island/beach and drove past salt water marshes. My ol' earth sciences love kickstarted again and I couldn't stop myself from analysing everything!
I feel very welcome here and that's such a relief to me. After all, I'm marrying into his family and will live closer to them than my own. If I didn't feel comfortable here I'd feel quite alone. It makes me a little less nervous about the coming migration to be so welcomed. 

2 comments:

  1. Zijn die shorts dan.... ;-) Maar ik zie dat je de palm tree toch nog gevonden hebt, hahaha.
    xx Maar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah, the shorts were a bit too cold after all for me, and when we arrived at the beach there were quite a few palm trees so I guess I drew my conclusions a too fast!

      Delete