Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Bye Michael, see you in a couple of months

This is the moment I've been dreading all this time. Time to leave Michael behind. I don't want us to be apart, it really sucks. I know it's the right thing to do, have everything in order. No more mess ups, this time we do it right. We got the proper paperwork, so the visa will be sent as soon as I get my passport photos to Michael.

I've said goodbye here to most people, but I hate goodbyes. It makes me feel so awkward. My favored tactic is just not saying anything at all and disappearing. Skip the emotional moments. My goodbye with Michael will be emotional and heavy enough for a whole orphan center.

Time to become a sensible grown up and do the right thing. It just makes more sense for me to stay in the Netherlands while we deal with the visa forms. This way I won't be a drain on our resources, cause I'll be working. With any luck I will be able to save a little money so I can afford all the visa costs myself. That will be a lot! The first one, the k-129 form (fiancee visa) will cost 340 dollars. And that's just the start. My estimate was that all in all, everything will cost about 1800 dollars to get me a fiancee visa. So that's not even the permanent residence visa. I am going to procrastinate looking at those prices for sure.

Now I start packing. Like always, at the last moment.

I'll land in Brussel around 8-9 am, Wednesday the 15th. Then I will take the train to the Hague and everything will be back to "normal". Normal but for the absence of my boyfriend...

2 comments:

  1. "sigh" and still its the right thing to do.....

    ReplyDelete